A pretty straight example…
Wolfgang: I bought it 25 years ago. It’s been mostly garaged, so it’s aged gracefully.
Björn: Hard to find many NBs this good. Why are you an MX5 fan?
Wolfgang: When I was a kid, I read The Red Car by Don Stanford. It was about restoring an MGTC. The MX5 felt like a modern iteration of that spirit.
Björn: Design concept similar, hmm.
Wolfgang: Yeah, lightweight, open top roadsters. Simple, driver focused machines, not weighed down by excess.
Björn: No frills. The MGTC had that raw charm, just sticking to the road.
Wolfgang: Had to be a bit careful. They could roll. A friend’s one did. I like the camaraderie of the MX5 community. But I also like the MX5 without any aging creaks and puddles underneath.
Björn: Like you have keeping a TC. Got it. Maybe you could do a remake of Stanford's book, about restoring an MX5?
Wolfgang: If I did, it'd be about the MX5 community, and the garage like yours.
____________
Voice-over
A manual MX5 with rear wheel drive, classic styling, long bonnet, shortdeck just like the MGTC. Mazda studied the old British roadsters when designing it. The MX5 carried that ethos forward.
Wednesday, September 23, 2026
MGTC and MX5NB
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment