Tuesday, August 20, 2024

St Matthias' Graveyard

Church on the hill...
Later in the evening…

Veronica: I took a walk past St Matthias Church up on the hill earlier this evening.
Rozy: At night? That place is eerie after dark.
Veronica: I know, but I needed some exercise. Anyway, I saw that one of the graves had been opened.
Rozy: Opened? Like, dug up?
Veronica: Yes, the earth was disturbed, and the stone was slightly ajar. It was so unsettling.
Rozy: Creepy. Was anyone around?
Veronica: Well, that’s the thing. Suddenly, I felt like someone was watching me. I looked up and saw the vicar staring at me from a window. I broke into a sweat. And a trot.
Rozy: I can understand. Any ideas?
Veronica: Maybe the vicar was performing some kind of secret ritual. Like a séance. Or hiding something in the grave. 
Rozy: Disturbing thought. What could he be hiding?
Veronica: And what if the vicar was trying to raise the dead? I know it sounds crazy, but his behavior was so strange.
__________
Voice-over
A reportable incident? Or could there be a perfectly reasonable explanation? The problem is to see reality as it is.

No comments: