Friday, January 26, 2024

To retire, or not to retire...

Sound of bees…

Charles: Your garden looks even more vibrant than I ever remember. What’s that song the bees are singing?

Richard: Ha! Yes, too slow for the flight of the bumblebee, that’s for sure. Soothing, it is. But, did I hear you’ve taken a JOB?

Charles: Yes. I must confess, after a few years of retirement, I found myself longing for the intellectual stimulation of teaching. So, I took up a part-time lecturing position.

Richard: Teaching again, Charles? After all those years of counting down the days until retirement?

Charles: I know, I know. But there's something about passing on knowledge and engaging with eager minds that I missed. It's not a full-time gig, just enough to keep me intellectually active.

Richard: You did say once that you missed being able to say you were associated with an institution.

Charles: Ah yes. The affiliation. I must admit that also drew me in.

________

Voice-over

Some seek peace in retirement, others are drawn back to the stimulating buzz of the hive.

No comments: