Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Freak Kitchen Accident

Knife Drop…
While slicing mushrooms, I put the knife down to reach for the cooking oil. The knife fell from the bench. I tensed, waiting for it to slice into my foot. No flash of blinding pain, but all the lights went out. The knife had cut through the wire on the floor. Not my foot. Lucky!

But there was damage. When the breaker was reset, the top-of-the-line houchou had a semicircular burn in its blade. Resharpening that will be expensive, even if doable.

From now on, I will not run extension cables across the floor and will wear shoes when cooking.

No wonder chefs acquire burns and cuts through freak accidents.

No comments: