Monday, February 20, 2017

Can someone hand me a rope?

A telephone conversation…
.
Kermit: Hello. (rising intonation)
.
Sam: Hello. (falling intonation)
.
Kermit: Something wrong? You OK?
.
Sam: I’m depressed.
.
Kermit: What’s up?
.
Sam: Rain, Grey sky. No coffee. Honey pot’s empty.
.
Kermit: Come over here. I can lift your spirits.
.
Sam: Can’t move. I’m depressed.
.
Kermit: I can counsel you on the phone. But it’ll cost you.
.
Sam: Money’s all gone.
.
Kermit: You can pay it back in your will.
.
Sam: Won’t be any will. Entire estate will be used up to pay fines for overdue library books.
___________
Voice-over
Country's going to the dogs.
Is Sam the American Eagle’s depression connected with the current state of the U.S. politics?
.
Sam was always appalled by the nonsense that passes for entertainment. I wouldn’t doubt that Sam is also appalled about the shenanigans that passes for American politics these days.
.
I heard Sam say in one episode, in a deeper than usual depressive tone, “Can someone hand me a rope?” But google doesn’t seem to suggest a link to that episode. Anyone know of it?
...

No comments: