Friday, January 13, 2017

Selling a clinker

Explaining a boat sale…
.
Gump: It just got a bit heavy to launch.
.
Bro: I mean, you’re 70 now, so sooner or later you’re going end up slipping a disk or tearing a back muscle lifting a one and a half ton boat trailer.
.
Gump: I am NOT 70. I’m 69.
.
Bro: I hear the fisherman who built your boat had his workshop gutted by a fire. Maybe you could share the profits of the sale with him.
.
Gump: A fire? That’s too bad. OK, I’ll give Malcolm half the proceeds.
.
___________
Voice-over

A feel-good story. A rally-round of people who had bought your boats contributing to building you a new workshop…  “If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.” Warren Buffett.
.

No comments: