Thursday, May 16, 2013

Interviewer interviews interviewer


Improvising with music, improvising with words…
O: So what are you really interested in?
W: People. I like people. I like to talk.
O: Talk about what?
W: I'm a generalist. Any topic. I like to shape talk. Jazz musicians improvise with music. I like to improvise with words. Play with different juxtapositions. I even feel confident that it’s something I can do. But what do YOU like to talk about?
O. Same. Everything. I do general. But sometimes I wonder if I don't focus enough.
W: The gamut is good. You become a person with broad interests. Doesn’t that make you feel good?
O: Do you have this feeling that we are actually interviewing each other on the same subject?
_________
Voice-over
Usually interviews run a Q-A-Q-A-Q-A pattern. This one is a little different. It’s closer to Q-AQ-AQ-AQ. They are interviewing each other.

Second, the questions lead to self-introspection and self-divulgence.

A third feature is that the interviewers are mutually supportive and make each feel good about themselves. This develops into a comfortable conversation. It also leads to greater self-confidence.

And on to a successful exchange.

No comments: