Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Spam

Svetlana’s sending on a chain mail has consequences.

...








Eva: You included my name in that chain letter, and the amount of spam in my mailbox jumped.


Svetlana: Coincidence, surely?


Eva: Explain this. I haven’t had anything but spam in Spanish for months, and not 24 hours after you put my email on your chain letter, I start getting spam from Nigeria and Belgium and, get this, from Germany.


Svetlana: You are German, no?


Eva: I get this email from a woman called Anina Buss. She claims to know me. She offers to go into business with me.


Svetlana: Lucky?


Eva: Where does she find out my email? Why does she know things about me?


Svetlana: What business does she suggest?


Eva: Vitamin pills.


Svetlana: Vitamin pills are good.


Eva: Vitamins to enhance language learning? Con.

________________

Voice-over

It could be a con. But it could also be Svetlana playing a joke on Eva.

No comments: